Thursday 1 January 2015

Getting started

I've started this blog to document my knitting and stitching progress as I develop a handmade wardrobe. I started sewing in November 2013 after being inspired by all of the wonderful sewing blogs on the internet. There is so much inspiration out there and after spending months being inspired and researching I got myself a sewing machine- Janome DC3050, to get started. 

My first project was a Laurel dress by Colette patterns.

First ever me-made garment, the Laurel dress

Since then I have been learning plenty of new techniques using the internet and various sewing books. In January 2014 I learnt to knit, using tutorials on Vogue Knitting and the Lion Brand website
Rocky Coast Cardigan by Hannah Fettig
Miette cardigan by Andi Satterlund - knitting project no.1
Here's to a year filled with crafting adventure!                     

No comments:

Post a Comment